About Founder’s CPA
Founder’s CPA is an industry-leading accounting firm in Chicago that focuses on outsourced accounting, tax, and CFO services for venture-backed startups in the blockchain, FinTech, and SaaS industries. Through technology adoption and streamlined processes, we deliver tailored accounting & tax solutions to meet our clients’ unique needs. We refuse to accept the inefficient and burdensome “old school” approach to accounting and offer an improved customer experience that provides deeper, more meaningful value as our client's trusted advisor.
We believe in an outcomes-based approach that emphasizes individual accountability and output as the best measurements of effectiveness. We’re looking for curious, reliable team members who deliver an exceptional work product they’re proud to put their name on.
Founder's CPA has grown at a rapid pace since 2017 and each team member plays an integral role in building a modern innovative accounting firm.
What We Value
We value diversity and the unique perspectives and strengths each team member brings to our firm. Together, we work in alignment with our 5 core values:
- #FIOTA (Figure it out then ask) - By embracing an entrepreneurial mindset, you can exhibit a natural curiosity to develop answers to questions and understand why one way could be better than another.
- Authentic Relationships - Care deeply for others, but be willing to challenge them directly to be the best version of themselves, while also embracing constructive feedback as an opportunity to grow.
- Accountability - Produce a product that you're proud of, but know your own limitations. Trust in your coworkers' abilities and the reliability of others.
- Teach Others to Fish - Share knowledge while being a thoughtful communicator. Be patient, understanding, and aware that everyone may not be as capable as you are.
- Thoughtful Communication - Communication should strive to be appropriately delivered, timely, thorough, and solutions-focused.
Learn more about what our team members and clients have to say about us here.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team, you will provide tax services to our clients and manage our senior associate and associate level tax team members. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- The preparation and review of corporate, partnership, and individual tax returns with a strong focus on individual tax for founders and high net worth individuals
- Managing, developing, and mentoring members of the tax team
- Identifying and developing solutions for complex tax issues
- Answering client inquiries and working with management to triage and problem solve tax issues or questions
- Developing process improvements in company tax procedures
- Producing quarterly/yearly tax projections
- Engaging in strategic tax planning
- Ad hoc tax projects
Who You Are
The ideal candidate exhibits the following skills and/or characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or similar field
- A passion for all things tax
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or Enrolled Agent (EA) is required
- Familiarity with ProConnect, CCH ProSystem fx is a plus
- Proven experience as a tax manager, public accountant, or similar role
- Experience with or interest in crypto taxation is a bonus
- A borderline unhealthy obsession with being organized
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Natural curiosity and a strong desire to learn new skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Problem-solving skills
- Professionalism and commitment to exceptional communication and client service
- Experience with Quickbooks Online, Sage Intacct, Xero, Bill.com, Expensify, Gusto, HubDoc, and other accounting applications is a plus
- Casual dress
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive compensation and benefits package (health, dental, vision, and retirement), including profit-sharing bonuses
- Autonomy of work and ability to grow quickly within the company
- A company culture that places emphasis on work-life balance and individual career goals
- Opportunity to work on a variety of innovative clients in emerging industries
- Opportunity for hybrid remote and in-office work arrangements
This position is for immediate hire, paid commensurate with the candidate's experience.
Founder's CPA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.