About Founder’s CPA
Founder’s CPA is an industry-leading accounting firm located in Chicago that focuses on outsourced accounting, tax, and CFO services for venture-backed startups in the blockchain, FinTech, and SaaS industries. Our breadth of service offerings leverages technology adoption and streamlined processes to deliver tailored accounting solutions to each one of our clients’ unique needs. We refuse to accept the inefficient and burdensome “old school” approach to accounting and offer a modern approach that improves the client experience. This approach enables us to provide deeper and more meaningful value in our role as a trusted advisor.
We believe in an outcomes-based approach to work and emphasize individual accountability and outputs as the best measurements of effectiveness. We’re looking for curious and reliable team members who deliver an exceptional work product that they’re proud to put their name on.
Founder's CPA has grown at a rapid pace since 2017 and offers an exciting opportunity for candidates to be part of building an innovative accounting firm.
What We Value
We value diversity and the unique perspectives and strengths each team member brings to our firm. Together, we work in alignment with our 5 core values:
- #FIOTA (Figure it out then ask) - By embracing an entrepreneurial mindset, you can exhibit a natural curiosity to develop answers to questions and understand why one way could be better than another.
- Authentic Relationships - Care deeply for others, but be willing to challenge them directly to be the best version of themselves, while also embracing constructive feedback as an opportunity to grow.
- Accountability - Produce a product that you're proud of, but know your own limitations. Trust in your coworkers' abilities and the reliability of others.
- Teach Others to Fish - Share knowledge while being a thoughtful communicator. Be patient, understanding, and aware that everyone may not be as capable as you are.
- Thoughtful Communication - Communication should strive to be appropriately delivered, timely, thorough, and solutions-focused.
What You'll Do
As a valued member of our team, you will be tasked with providing accounting services to our client base. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing and executing the month-end close process for our clients to produce complete, accurate, and timely financial statements
- Collaborating with staff resources to ensure continuity of the day to day accounting tasks for clients
- Provide commentary on the monthly financial performance of clients and prepare reporting packages for management review
- Analyze budget to actuals performance and identify key drivers of account variances
- Assist in the development and maintenance of basic cash flow models and other financial forecasts
- Assisting in the onboarding of new clients and developing core accounting processes to satisfy their accounting needs at their current and future business lifecycle
Learn more about what our team members and clients have to say about us here.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate exhibits the following skills and/or characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or similar field
- 2+ years in accounting services, FP&A, or similar role
- A borderline unhealthy obsession with being organized
- Keen attention to detail (do you notice when little things are off and does it bother you?!)
- Strong communication skills
- Natural curiosity and a strong desire to learn new skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Problem-solving skills-- do you believe you can find the answer to anything if you just look hard enough?
- Professionalism and commitment to exceptional communication and client service
- Experience with Quickbooks Online is strongly preferred
- Experience with Sage Intacct, Xero, Bill.com, Expensify, Gusto, HubDoc, and other accounting applications strongly preferred
- CPA or on track for your CPA is preferred but not required
- Casual dress
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including profit sharing bonuses
- Autonomy of work and ability to grow quickly within the company
- A company culture that places emphasis on work-life balance and individual career goals
- Opportunity to work on a variety of innovative clients in emerging industries
- Hybrid remote and on-premise work arrangement
This position is for immediate hire, paid commensurate with the candidate's experience.
Founder's CPA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.