About Founder’s CPA
Founder’s CPA is an industry-leading accounting firm located in Chicago that focuses on outsourced accounting, tax, and CFO services for venture-backed startups in the blockchain, FinTech, and SaaS industries. Our breadth of service offerings leverages technology adoption and streamlined processes to deliver tailored accounting solutions to each one of our clients’ unique needs. We refuse to accept the inefficient and burdensome “old school” approach to accounting and offer a modern approach that improves the client experience. This approach enables us to provide deeper and more meaningful value in our role as a trusted advisor.
We believe in an outcomes-based approach to work and emphasize individual accountability and outputs as the best measurements of effectiveness. We’re looking for curious and reliable team members who deliver an exceptional work product that they’re proud to put their name on.
Founder's CPA has grown at a rapid pace since 2017 and offers an exciting opportunity for candidates to be part of building an innovative accounting firm.
What You'll Do
As a valued member of our team, you will be tasked with providing accounting and tax services to our client base. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of corporate, partnership, and individual tax returns
- Sales and payroll tax filings and registrations
- Overseeing accounts receivables, invoicing, accounts payable, and bill pay for clients
- Posting entries to the general ledger and preparing adjusting entries for month-end close
- Preparing reporting packages for clients and collaborating with management to communicate budget to actuals variance and trends analysis
- Answering client inquiries and working with management to triage and problem solve accounting issues or questions
Who You Are
The ideal candidate exhibits the following skills and/or characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or similar field
- A passion for all things tax
- A borderline unhealthy obsession with being organized
- Keen attention to detail (do you notice when little things are off and does it bother you?!)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Natural curiosity and a strong desire to learn new skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Problem-solving skills-- do you believe you can find the answer to anything if you just look hard enough?
- Professionalism and commitment to exceptional communication and client service
- Experience with Quickbooks Online, Sage Intacct, Xero, Bill.com, Expensify, Gusto, HubDoc, and other accounting applications are a plus
- On track for your CPA is preferred but not required
- Casual dress
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive compensation and benefits package (health, dental, vision, and retirement), including profit-sharing bonuses
- Autonomy of work and ability to grow quickly within the company
- A company culture that places emphasis on work-life balance and individual career goals
- Opportunity to work on a variety of innovative clients in emerging industries
This position is for immediate hire, paid commensurate with the candidate's experience.