About Founder’s CPA
Founder’s CPA is a fast-growing accounting firm located in Chicago that focuses on outsourced accounting, tax, and CFO services for tech startups and fast growing small businesses. We pride ourselves on being a trusted advisor to entrepreneurs in the Fintech, SaaS, Cryptocurrency, and Blockchain industries. Our breadth of service offerings leverages technology adoption and streamlined processes to deliver tailored accounting solutions to each one of our clients’ unique needs. We refuse to accept the inefficient and burdensome “old school” approach to accounting and seek to innovate alongside our clients to deliver scalable accounting solutions.
We believe in an outcomes-based approach to work and emphasize individual accountability. We’re looking for reliable team members who deliver an exceptional work product that they’re proud to put their name on!
Founder's CPA is on a fast growth trajectory and offers an exciting opportunity for candidates to be part of building an innovative accounting firm.
What You'll Do
As a valued member of our team, you will be tasked with managing activities in our accounting services department. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise and train staff resources in delivering client accounting services
- Review staff work product and provide feedback and adjustments as necessary
- Develop detailed month-end close processes and ensure consistent and timely execution
- Provide commentary on monthly financial performance of clients and prepare reporting packages
- Analyze budget to actuals performance and identify key drivers of account variances
- Develop basic cash flow models and other financial forecasts
- Identify areas of internal process improvement and implement standardized solutions
Who You Are
The ideal candidate exhibits the following skills and/or characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar field
- 4+ years of experience in accounting services, as an assistant controller, FP&A or similar role
- A borderline unhealthy obsession with being organized
- Keen attention to detail (do you notice when little things are off and does it bother you?!)
- Strong communication skills
- Natural curiosity and a strong desire to learn new skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Problem-solving skills-- do you believe you can find the answer to anything if you just look hard enough?
- Professionalism and commitment to exceptional communication and client service
- Experience with Quickbooks Online required, Intacct, Netsuite, and Xero a plus
- Experience with Bill.com, Expensify, Gusto, Jirav, HubDoc and other accounting applications strongly preferred
- CPA is preferred but not necessary
- Casual dress
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive compensation with profit sharing
- Autonomy of work and ability to grow within the company
- Great company culture
- Regular company outings and happy hours
- Challenging and interesting clients
This position is for immediate hire, paid commensurate with candidate's experience level. Opportunity for fast growth to a leadership role as the company and position grow for the right candidate.